2017/2018 Dates TBA
$250 for the 5 week course, Wednesdays from 12pm - 1:30pm (PST)
This course is facilitated by Devorah Bry, MA, CHT, a somatic therapist, a carrier of womb wisdom, and the mother of HoneyRoot.
As women, we are carriers. Whether is be unprocessed energy of past relationships, pregnancies, miscarriages, abortions, births, surgeries, or physical injury, our womb spaces can be left with a deep need to be held in safety, to tell its story, to be honored and revered for all it has experienced. This is where healing happens -- in the telling... in the being received.
Come contribute to the conversations that so often go unspoken. Make art of your womb's story. Write, tell, draw, dance, tell, sing, paint, unwind and heal.
Together we will create a warm, loving womb space for our stories to be processed and transformed.
Cleansing. Nourishing. Expressive.
Through group discussion, embodied inquiry, journaling, drawing/painting, collage, dance and/or story-telling, we will each give time, attention, and expression to the stories of our wombs. This 5 week process will be held by Devorah Bry, MA, CHT, a somatic therapist, a carrier of womb wisdom, and the mother of HoneyRoot. Much of the crafting will be done on your own time. We will come together weekly to share our stories, discuss our creative processes, and exchange feedback with one another. This process is designed to be healing, transformative, and empowering. Participants can choose to work on one longer project or move through a series of projects over the course of the 5 weeks.
Topics explored in this FIVE WEEK course:
1. Building a Strong Foundation
Earth-based views of woman's womb and how they differ from most common cultural views. Introducing our stories.
Embodiment practices to strengthen our memories.
Sharing our stories with more feeling, depth, detail, color, breath. Invoking ritual.
Transforming pain into art. Gathering wisdom.
5. Embracing Creative Power
Moving though life as an awake creator.
- Every week, we come together in a Zoom call (similar to Skype, but for group meetings) where Devorah Bry, MA, CHT introduces the topics above and invites you to explore them in your own mind-body.
- In between sessions, you will receive an email with recommended readings, embodied exercises, and creative prompt to assist you in integrating each week's inquiry.
- Over the course of the 5 weeks we will stay connected via an online forum -- a place to ask questions, inspire one another, and support each other throughout our journeys.
By the end of this course you will have:
1. Gathered a deeper understanding of the womb and its essential purpose in our lives.
2. Practiced listening and attending to the voice of your womb.
3. Crafted a piece of art or several pieces of art as a way to bring this inside out.
4. Been heard, seen, validated in your experience of being a womb holder, an alchemical vessel, a body of creation.