HoneyRoot is devoted to the heart of community, the soul of humanity, the wisdom of body, and the health of relationships. We provide a wide array of opportunities designed to help women (and those that surround them) open to the wisdom that lives inside.
Through body-oriented workshops, educational opportunities, online courses, leadership trainings, community rituals, and artistic expression, we create opportunities that support people in inhabiting their bodies and strengthening their relational capacity. We are a home for full-spectrum living.
- We value inward connection (knowing and feeling) as a primary resource and outward progression (going and doing) as a secondary expression.
- We value connection and inclusivity. We cultivate greater awareness as a way to break down the barriers that have kept us from finding ease of connection with one another.
- We value individual growth in the presence and for the good of the collective. Although we are strong ourselves, we know we are stronger together.
- We open our hearts to the light and the shadows within each of us. We practice tending to all parts of ourselves, rather than retreating or shutting down in relation to tensions or unresolved personal material that we may carry.
- We employ a positive orientation to our strengths and celebrate our unique capabilities as women, rather than bend to self-critique or blame.
- We acknowledge, respect and work with the physical and subtle body in a comprehensive way – from toe to head, from root to crown.
We are proud of the breadth of our embodied expression – passion, creativity, emotion, intuition, empathy, presence, drive – and support one another in occupying all of these aspects. Through embodiment processes and community support we become the fullest and most potent expression of ourselves.
We wish for all people to feel at home in their bodies, connected to resources, and supported by community.
HoneyRoot knows that in order to have the impact that we desire on the empowerment of women and bodies, in general, we must stay dedicated to creating an intersectional community.
Here at HoneyRoot we explore the realities of our own privileges as well as intersecting oppressions in order to understand the impact on ourselves and others. We are dedicated to building greater awareness in ourselves and support our participants in doing the same. We seek to use our privilege to amplify the voices of those who are not heard in the dominant culture, and support and encourage our larger community in doing the same. We honor the diversity of all beings and stand in solidarity towards ending systems of oppression.
HoneyRoot is a public benefit non–profit organization that brings valuable education to women of all ages, cultures, geographical locations, and sexual orientations. We offer seasonal retreats, online courses and ongoing classes. Through these offerings, we provide embodiment education designed to address and heal the ancient and contemporary wounds that have severed so many of us from the capacity to live at peace within our own bodies and as a result, within our own cultures.
Our vision and teachings follow this simple progression:
1. With a deeper knowing of one’s own body, comes a deepening capacity for self love and self respect.
2. With this deeper self love, comes a greater capacity to be in true loving sisterhood with other women.
3. Along with self love and engaged sisterhood, every woman becomes better equipped for an empowered, heart centered leadership role within family, community, and culture.
We believe that assisting women in reconnection with the power and wisdom that resides in their bodies is essential medicine for current and future generations.
HoneyRoot organizers and facilitators create a strong container, a safe playground, and a loving womb for the revelation of our embodiment. We hope you’ll join us.
When we bend our knees, release our jaws and pelvic muscles, rest into our weight, stay connected to our bellies, and bring attention to the constant support of Mother Earth, we find ourselves,and each other, with ease, grace, and an at-home-ness that is innately ours.
Love to your root, your crown, and all that lives in between!
"If you want to dance with another, root your self first.
Learn to hear your own guidance.
Dialogue with the hurt child and the divine host within.
Practice forgiveness and compassion for yourself.
Be with your experience and learn from it.
Stay in the rhythm of life.
Be open to others but do not go out of your way to find them.
Those who know how to dance will meet you half way.
It will not be a struggle.
You will feel companionship without effort."