November 9th - December 14th (no class Nov. 23rd)
with Stephanie Meux
$250 for the 5 week course, Wednesdays from 12pm - 1:30pm (PST)
Boundaries are important and necessary, but can be difficult to navigate.
We are living in a dynamic time in human history which is asking us to continue to grow our capacity for discernment and our capacity to set or engage healthy boundaries. We might find ourselves needing to call upon our capacity for discernment and boundaries when asking ourselves questions like, “What work projects should we take on or not take on?” or “How do I best tend to myself while in relationship with my professional colleagues, partner, children?”
As we attempt to navigate this terrain it can be beneficial to turn towards nature and animals to resource ourselves and source inspiration.
The Power of the Animal Body
Observing animals can show us how to re-engaging our own innate animal body wisdom. The animal body wisdom can show us the pathway back to our core boundaries our “yes” and our “no” our impulse to move towards or away. This animal body wisdom paired with compassionate self reflection and heart centered, body based communication allows us to continue to refine how we utilize boundaries to shape and engage with all aspects of our lives.
Topics explored in this FIVE WEEK course:
What is the function of boundaries?
What is our current relationship with boundaries - accessing our “yes” and “no.”
How are our relationships effected by our boundaries (or lack there of)?
Where is it easier to set boundaries and where do we need support?
- How do we access healthy boundaries through honoring the animal body?
- Every week, we come together in a Zoom call (similar to Skype, but for group meetings) where Stephanie Meux introduces the topics above and invites you to explore them in your own mind-body.
- In between sessions, you will receive an email with recommended readings, journaling prompts and embodied exercises to assist you as you integrate each week's inquiry.
- Over the course of the 6 weeks we will stay connected via an online forum -- a place to ask questions of one another, inspire one another, network and support each other throughout the journey.
We will be gathering tools to:
Connect with the container of our physical bodies.
Access our animal body wisdom.
Honor the animal body impulses and information.
Strengthen boundaries that are too soft.
Soften the boundaries that might be too rigid or fixed.
- Communicate your boundaries to others in a skillful way.