Next dates: to be announced in October.
Anger, Passion, and Creativity
$275 for the 6 week course, Wednesdays from 12pm - 1:30pm (PST)
Anger is one of the most misunderstood energies that women possess.
In essence, anger is simply an emotion that expresses one of the wisdom virtues of fire. Expressions of anger are made up of certain movements and sounds and breath patterns.
It is a force of nature; it is natural.
Anger is a cleansing agent, a boundary setter, a truth bringer - when we give it room to breathe. When stifled, however, anger can be a road block to intimacy, the underlying cause of addictive behaviors, even a primary cause of disease.
Many women are either caught in the cultural inheritance that says that women are not attractive when they are angry or have only learned about anger through painful, hurtful means.
I see so many women struggling to manage their emotions and even wronging themselves for either “not being powerful enough,” “being too much”, feeling out of control when they express their anger, or attempting to rise above anger, framing it as a lesser or “ugly” energy of life.
Remember your power. Embrace your fire. Let it drive you into your purpose, your passion, your playful aliveness.
Topics explored in this SIX WEEK course:
1. The wisdom of fire: A (re)introduction
2. Boundaries, anger, and rage: Doing it with love
3. Clarity and will: Our yes, our no, our drive
4. Clearing away extra: creating space for what's to come
5. Passion and playfulness in service of truth
6. Authentic empowerment: Being a change agent
- Every week, you will be participating in a Zoom call (kind of like Skype, but for more people at once) where Dev introduces the topics above and invites you to explore them inside of yourself for the week.
- Each week you will be sent an email with recommended readings, journaling and exercises to assist in the integration of each topic
- You will have access to a private Facebook page with other course members to ask questions to, network with and support each other throughout the process.
By the course's end, you will have:
1. Gathered a deeper understanding of fire and its essential purpose in our lives.
2. Practiced conducting this powerful energy, rather than having it overwhelm you.
3. Developed practical exercises to help move the energy through your body in your day-to-day life.
4. Learned to use this energy in service of love.
Devorah Bry, MA, CHP